Genealogize Support Page
Household Screen - Use this screen to configure new or existing households. A household consists of two or more parents and their children. Tap on any cell to view a menu of actions that you can take on that cell.
- +Partner - add a partner to selected person. This can be a new or existing person in the database
- +Child - add a child to the selected person. This can be a new or exsting person in the database
- Remove - remove the selected person from the household. If the selected person is a Partner, the common children will also be removed. However, the people removed will not be deleted from the database
- H-o-H - make the selected person the new Head of Household
- Chart - view a chart, map and photos of the selected person (see below)
- Profile - view the selected person's profile (see below)
Charts Screen - Upon selecting the Chart option on the Household screen, you can now view the following information:
- Kids Chart - a chart showing all decendants of the selected person. The chart includes each person's partner and/or spouses.
- Parents Chart - a chart showing all ancestors of the selected person.
- Map - a map showing the locations of the various places that you entered into the person's profile. Use the navigation buttons to bring each location into focus in chronological order. Map options includes, standards, hybrid and satellite views.
- Photos - view all photos that you attached to the selected person. Obviously, the photos can be of people, places, or things. You can add new photos or delete exsiting ones. To delete a photo, tap and hold on the photo that you want to delete. Tap a photo to enlarge it, tap again to shrink it.
Profile Screen - Upon selecting the Profile option on the Household screen, you can now view, add, or edit the following information. (Most of the locations entered into this section will appear on the Map.)
- Snapshot - a summary of the selected person's profile
- Lifespan - view or edit the selected person's birth and death information
- Partner - view or edit the selected person's partner/spouse information
- Residence - view or edit the selected person's places of residence
- Education - view or edit the selected person's college information
- Occupation - view or edit the selected person's job information
- Military - view or edit the selected person's miliatry service
- Event - view or edit the selected person's various life events
All data is entered manually and stored locally or your device.
Location data is sent to Apple for geocoding.